Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Stepping Out

     Well, here goes nothing.  After some prodding from my sister-in-law at ruralwomenrock.blogspot.com, I did it.  I started a blog.  That has to be one of the most obnoxious words ever invented.  Blog.  Blog.  It sounds like you're about to lose your lunch.  This puts me way outside of my comfort zone, which is one reason I agreed to do this.  I hate to write.  I always have.  I've never liked for anyone to read what I wrote.  But I'm going to be 30 in a few months and wanted to try something new.  I've read other peoples' blogs for years and have some that almost feel like family even though I've never met them or even commented on their posts.  You get invested in other people's lives.  You cry when they have lost a child or feel genuine happiness for them when something great happens to them. 
    
     I'm not sure what will come of this mess of words.  Some days might be funny stories from my quick stop or my latest find at the town dump.  There will probably be before and after pictures of some of the many, many projects I have in the works.  I'll probably bore you with pictures of my kids and the hilarious-to-me things that they say.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment