Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Life Through My Phone

     I was looking through pictures I've taken this summer on my phone and thought I would share.  They give a little glimpse into my life and some of the key people in it.  Notice I said "some" because there are a few missing. 

     A little family background first:  I'm a middle child.  I have an older sister and a younger brother.  My parents are still married and just celebrated their 39 year wedding anniversary.  I'm married and have two delightfully fun children who are just 3 days short of one year apart.  So for 3 whole days they get to be the same age every year.  Can you say white trash?  I have like 9 nieces and nephews, give or take one or two.  Too many to count right this second.  Oh and one more on the way, via my sister!  My husband and I live within 20 miles of 30 immediate family members.  It's a good thing we get along most of the time!

     This summer I helped my brother with his swathing and baling business.  It gave me a welcome break from the monotony of quick stop ownership and I really enjoy helping him.  I can swath and rake with the best of them.  Baling is a little iffy.  Not my forte.  We spent most of the summer in eastern OK and my son came along to help most of the time.  He even drove the tractor alone across the field.  It was a highlight of his life so far.




    We put up a buttload of hay this summer.  Speaking of my brother, here's a picture of him.  He's trying to grow a mustache/beard.  We keep telling him he looks like a child molester.

 In his mind though, it looks like this:

Yeah, in a few more days I think he'll have it.

My dad also works for my brother year round.  We have a lot of fun together.  My dad met his long lost twin brother on a family vacation to Montana this summer.

Here's my handsome father:
 And here's his long lost brother: 
Not really, but we all had a good laugh.

My husband comes from a long line of ranchers.  But a few years ago, he took the plunge and joined me at the quick stop.  So now we work together every day, all day.  I never would have thought we could work together but it actually works really well.  I can't imagine being in this business without him there with me. 
My own Mario Andretti

Let's see, what else?  My kids.  They are 4 and 5 and have been the bestest of friends since birth. 


I hope they always will be.

I guess that's enough for now.  I can't find any pictures of me so I'll leave you with this one:
This is my uncle with his original Yellowstone bus.  Isn't it awesome?

What?  Isn't that how everyone gets around?

1 comment: