Sunday, November 27, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

     I can't believe it's been a month since my last post.  I've thought about it but never feel I have anything worth writing about.  It's been a busy month but only interesting to me probably.  Let's see, there was Halloween.  Kade went as a cowboy and Mattie was a kitty cat.

     These were last year's costumes as well, but hey, they still fit.  I like to get my money's worth out of something.  The cowboy outfit was actually my brother's when he was little.  Hopefully he'll have a son someday that can enjoy it too.  After Halloween it was birthday week.  Mattie turned 5 on the 7th and Kade turned 6 on the 10th.  So for a few days I had two 5 year olds.  We had a birthday party at school, a family one at the house, and a friend party.  Insane is what that was.  (Note to self if you are re-reading this next year: one party is plenty.  And really even reconsider the one.) 

     I do like for them to each have their own birthday cake so we had an angel food cake for Kade and the Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake for Mattie.  The kids each picked out their candles.  Kade's choice was interesting for a six year old.

    Both were delicious.  They got lots of fun presents including new four-wheelers courtesy of their Uncle Chuckie who is single with no kids and goes a little overboard spoiling his nieces and nephew.
     I spent four days in Kansas baling corn stalks with my brother and made it home right before Thanksgiving.  We ate too much of course.  Now it's time to put up the Christmas tree.  I can't believe the year's almost over.  I'll be back soon. I promise (fingers crossed). 

1 comment:

  1. I was sicker than a dog last night. Mom said Kade was asking where I was. That made me sicker. Hated missing the program. Love Kades candle. You better tell Chucky he will need to start saving for their cars soon. See you!

    Kasse D.

    ReplyDelete